Choosing the font for a website or design is one of the most challenging tasks for designers, and a common font that designers like to implement is the handwriting font style. Not only do they use it because it is attractive, but also because simulates the casual style of hand-written texts.
When you choose this type of fonts for your design, you should consider the font glyphs and style to be user-friendly. If the font is hard to read, it will be a weak point in the design. There are many font examples on the web that you can buy or download for free and use in your design.
In order to provide a good level of usability and readability, you might want to consider the following tips when choosing a handwriting font:
- Do not use fonts that are too thin or too thick, but try to use a font with normal width, as thin and thick fonts can be hard to read, especially when small in size.
- Clear glyphs – choose a font that has clear and readable letters. Hard-to-read glyphs can be a serious problem, especially with long texts.
- Do not use handwriting font in paragraphs, the fonts are usually casual and using them in multiple line paragraphs makes it hard to read and identify the glyphs.
You can find free handwriting font examples below, and you can click on each preview image to visit the font’s download link. All the fonts below are free for personal use, and some of them are free for both commercial and personal use.
Try to download and use the fonts below and share your experience with your preferred font with us and how you find it useful in your design. You can also check these related fonts:
- 45 Useful Signature and Handwriting Fonts
- 25 Useful Handwriting Fonts for Free Download
- 10 Useful Examples of Script Fonts