No question asked: to succeed in the graphic design industry, you need to create perfect illustrations. There is no other way because nowadays the competition is extremely strong. When you want to create a digital image, you must know that there are two categories: bitmap files and vectors.
The first one is mainly used for life-like images but when you need to create something like a logo, a banner, a map or anything else which might be resized very often, you must use the vector approach. This way, your illustration will look perfect on a small sheet of paper but also on a large billboard.
- Vector Logo Templates Pack Giveaway for Members
- Premium Business Icons Vector Pack
- New Office Objects Vector Pack
- Premium Apple Product Vector Pack
The problem with vector images is that you don’t draw it in a conventional way because it is based on mathematical expressions called paths or strokes which lead through locations called control points. These points are defined using the X and Y axes on the work plan and contains various information such as the color, shape, thickness and the direction of the vector itself. As you can see, it’s not so easy, especially if you are a novice.
So, what can you do if you want to create, let’s say a book which represents a part of your logo? Well, you have three possibilities:
- Make it yourself. As I said, if you are new to this, then well…it will take a lot of time and there’s a high probability that your illustration will look awful;
- Hire someone. If you have the budget, you can hire someone because is the most obvious way to do it. Sure, this is ok if the design is extremely big and detailed but what if it’s something that you can easily find? Does it worth paying someone a lot of money for it?
- Use a stock photo. This is the best way especially if you are looking for an image that you want to incorporate in a large project. It’s the fastest and cheapest method, and as an advice, I recommend Depositphotos because they are the best on this business, they have one of the largest database of images and also the best possible prices.
If you are new to vector images and you want to see how they look or you are a pro and just want to see some cool examples, below you can see a list of 20 great vector illustrations which I’m sure you will like.